The covid-19 vaccination was started in April 2021 in India. At present, 67+ crore citizens are fully vaccinated. Every person above the age of 15 years can visit nearby vaccination center to get their vaccine shot. After taking the vaccine, you need to download vaccine certificate as it is a valid proof showing that you are vaccinated.
Download Vaccine Certificate by Aadhaar Card/Number
The covid-19 vaccines are divided into two doses. Every Indian citizen need to get the two doses of vaccine with minimum 84 days difference between them. The citizens can choose to take Covaxin or Covishield or Sputnik V at the vaccination center. After getting 1st dose, you can download your vaccine certificate with partially vaccinated sign. While after the 2nd dose of vaccine, you can download your vaccine certificate with fully vaccinated sign.
Use of Covid-19 Vaccine Certificate
The government of India has been trying to vaccinate entire population of India as early as possible. Because, at present, vaccination is the only way to save people from the life threatening covid-19 coronavirus. The government has made it compulsory for every citizen to get the free doses of vaccine to fight against covid-19 and prevent its spread.
The vaccine certificate is a necessary document that you need to show at various places. You must have the vaccine certificate to travel within your state and to other states of India. The government of India also provides international travel certificate for citizens who need to travel abroad. The candidates who want to appear in a competitive exam in 2022, are required to carry their covid-19 vaccine certificates to the exam center.
So, the vaccine certificate is required for traveling, sitting in exam and other places as well. In future, the government of India may declare that full vaccinated people can roam around the country without without wearing the mask. Therefore we recommend you to download your vaccine certificate as PDF and print it to use it as a proof when and where required.
How to Download Vaccine Certificate by Aadhaar Card/Number
The covid-19 vaccine certificate is available to download after 24 hours of vaccination. It means that you can download your vaccine certificate by Aadhaar number on the next day after taking the vaccine. Here we provide some simple ways to download vaccine certificate on your computer and mobile phone.
- Download Vaccine Certificate by Aadhaar Number from DigiLocker App
- Download Vaccine Certificate by Mobile Number from CoWin Portal
- Download Vaccine Certificate by Beneficiary ID from Aarogya Setu App
- Download Vaccine Certificate by Aadhaar linked Mobile Number from UMANG App
Now we will explain all four methods to download vaccine certificate to make it easier for you.
#1. Download Vaccine Certificate by Aadhaar Number from DigiLocker App
The DigiLocker is a government authorized secure application for smart mobile phone users. Every Indian citizen is eligible to use DigiLocker app to keep their Aadhaar Card, Driving License and all important documents in cloud storage. However, the DigiLocker also allows its users to download their vaccine certificate after getting the covid-19 vaccine at nearby vaccination center.
Here we provide the steps for downloading vaccine certificate via DigiLocker app as under:
- Open Google Play Store to download & install DigiLocker app on your mobile phone.
- Sign Up with your Aadhaar Number and Aadhaar linked mobile number.
- Enter your personal information to complete your profile.
- Select “MoHFW” tab and tap on the option “Vaccine Certificate” to proceed.
- Enter your beneficiary ID and submit it to view your vaccine certificate.
- Download your vaccine certificate as PDF file, you can also save it to your DigiLocker cloud storage.
Click to Download Vaccine Certificate via DigiLocker App
#2. Download Vaccine Certificate by Mobile Number from CoWin Portal
The CoWin portal is an official website that carries the covid-19 vaccine drive for entire India. It allows all citizens to register and add members as well as book slots for vaccination. In addition, the users can download vaccine certificate from CoWin portal and they can also verify it online.
Here we provide the easiest way to download vaccine certificate from CoWin portal as under:
- Visit the CoWin official website at @cowin.gov.in.
- Click on “Register/Sign In” tab to go to login page.
- Sign in with your registered mobile number and OTP.
- Navigate to your name and click on “Get/Show Certificate” option to proceed.
- Download your vaccine certificate as PDF file.
Click to Download Vaccine Certificate via CoWin Portal
#3. Download Vaccine Certificate by Beneficiary ID from Aarogya Setu App
When you book a slot for covid-19 vaccination, you need to generate an appointment slip at CoWin portal. You will have to show the appointment slip at vaccination center to get the vaccine dose. At that time, you will get a beneficiary ID (13 digit) that we strongly advise you to save/note down. Because you can download your vaccine certificate by beneficiary ID via Aarogya Setu app on your mobile phone.
You just need to follow the steps given below to download vaccine certificate via Aarogya Setu app.
- Open Google Play Store to download Aarogya Setu app on your mobile phone.
- Open Aarogya Setu app and sign up/in with your Aadhaar linked mobile number.
- Go to “CoWin” tab and tap on “vaccine certificate” option.
- Enter your 13 digit beneficiary ID and submit it to proceed.
- View your vaccine certificate and download it as PDF.
Click to Download Vaccine Certificate via AarogyaSetu App
#4. Download Vaccine Certificate by Aadhaar linked Mobile Number from UMANG App
The UMANG application contains various schemes and services of government of India. In addition to government services, it also allows vaccine certificate download by Aadhaar to all Indian citizens. Here we provide the steps to download vaccine certificate by Aadhaar linked mobile number via UMANG app as under:
- Open Google Play Store to download & install UMANG app on your phone.
- Open the UMANG app and select “What’s New” section.
- Go to “CoWin” and click on “Download Vaccine Certificate” option.
- Provide your registered mobile number and OTP to proceed.
- Check your vaccine certificate and download the same in PDF format.
Click to Download Vaccine Certificate via UMANG App
In this way, you can download your vaccine certificate by Aadhaar Number and Mobile Number. We suggest you to print the vaccine certificate and submit it wherever you are asked for it. In case you still have a query or doubt regarding how to download vaccine certificate by Aadhaar number then you can ask us in the comment section, we will answer your queries as soon as possible.